Whenever I follow someone who I admire and want to learn from, I’m always curious about their inner world; their day-to-day reality and who they admire.
For instance, who do they study? Who inspires them? What book is on their nightstand currently?
So here’s what I can share about me, Rusti Q – my current Top 5:
1. Currently on my nightstand is the book “Always Hungry?” by David Ludwig, MD, PhD. While I’m only about ½ way through the book, its brilliance is abundantly evident.
I was turned on to this book by the magnificent thought leader and practicing functional medicine doctor, Dr. Mark Hyman (if you’re interested in learning about how food processes in the body and exploring better nutrition that works with your body – I strongly encourage you to follow him by subscribing to his newsletter and weekly videos).
2. For motivation, developing new thought and mindset habits that support my mind-body health goals and in all other ways personal development, it’s Brendon Burchard fo’sho!
Brendon has a way of teaching concepts and strategies that seem so obvious. You hear him often say ‘common sense isn’t always common practice.’ Aint that the truth huh? But what I really love about him, is his energy, passion and genuine care and concern for helping others be and live their best life and then giving concrete “how-to” advice you can put into action immediately.
3. The area of my life that I’m currently putting a lot of focused attention and taking actions towards better developing is ‘asking for help’. This isn’t easy for me. It takes courage and can expose some of my weaknesses, which can make me feel very scared and vulnerable – so who better to get advice from then Brené Brown.
4. This is a two-parter. I’ve always enjoyed being told stories. There’s just something about just sitting back, curled up in a comfy chair, staring wide eyed and being verbally fed information in an entertaining way; it’s just so refreshing and memorable for me. So when it comes to mind-body health and nutrition, these videos resources are two favorites of mine:
5. No “Top” mind-body health and nutrition list would ever be complete in my world without listing the book by the author that started me down the path of studying and practicing eating psychology and mind-body health and nutrition…none other than “The Slow Down Diet” by Marc David. Such powerful wisdom!
It was only a few years ago I completed my training at the Institute for the Psychology of Eating and Marc’s book will always have a special place in my heart. The first time I read the principles, biological truths and toxic belief-shattering words outlined in the book – it was nothing short of liberating for me. Like I’d been set free from prison.
The 8 Metabolic Powers in the book are what finally allowed me to trust and love my body now and always; to tap into and listen to my inner nutritionist; and get funky experimenting with food and fitness.
Never again will I strive to fit within society’s definition of what size and shape I “should” be to be healthy. I will never count a calorie. Never diet again!
To think I used to think there was something wrong with me because I had food and body image issues…turns out my issues were a gift that led me to the study and practice of eating psychology coaching.
What a ride it’s been and a blessing I’m forever grateful to have divinely been led to. It is now my life’s mission to help others feel the same liberation with their food, weight and body issues.
What food, weight, body, health issue do you struggle with and are looking to be set free from? I’d love to know, so please share in the comments below.
Rusti Q is a certified Eating Behavior Coach who specializes in eating psychology and mind-body nutrition. She is dedicated to helping adults free themselves from their food insecurities and inner-self talk torment around food, weight and body shame so that they can live a more meaningful, fun-filled, self-accepting and healthy life. She’s triumphed over her 25 year battle with food, weight and body image; no longer questioning her self-worth, lovability, health and opportunity for happiness. She offers 1-to-1 coaching by phone, skype and in person (Westminster, CO office) as well as her signature 10-week online group coaching program Freedom From Diet Hell. To learn more, contact her today.
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Coach RustiQ and receive the worksheet for FREE.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.